Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Inka Heritage Peruvian Restaurant

I should have written about Inka Heritage awhile ago, but as usual, time flies by and suddenly it's been three weeks since I actually ate there.  However, don't let time fly by you and your time in Madison- don't miss out on eating at Inka Heritage!  I read one review of this Peruvian Cuisine restaurant (located on Park Street across from La Hacienda) that stated it perfectly: 'we didn't know how much Madison's dining was missing out on until Inka Heritage came in'.  It's so true!  I feel that hardly many people could say they know much about Peru, and even less so about Peruvian food.  I went to Peru last year and let me tell you, it is great.  I immediately grew addicted to the choclo (large yellow corn) with a slice of cheese, the chicha (a corn-based, sweet alcoholic drink), and the many combinations of avocado, llama meat and potatoes.  

At Inka Heritage I was meeting my mom for lunch, and we started out with an avocado-chicken salad appetizer.  Fresh slices of avocado drizzled with a tasty mayonnaise sauce and slices of cherry tomatoes adorned the chicken salad, and even though we split it, I felt like I barely had room for my actual entree!  It was very good though.  Then I ordered the Aji Chicken for an entree, which, although an interesting blend of tastes, was not my favorite (after I tried my mom's delicious salad).  However, I have been to Inka Heritage before, for dinner, and I stand my ground in saying that it is everything like the Peruvian food I had in Peru, and still one of my favorite restaurants.  One piece of advice for someone who is new to the South American cuisine: try something new!  You won't be let down :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment